Doesn't work with Windows Mobile 6!

Developer
May 29, 2007 at 9:24 PM
Stops at "loading plugins"...
Jun 4, 2007 at 8:43 PM
Good to know!

My provider is going to release WM6 this month and I was going to upgrade, but I didn't about the compatibility of the apps I'm using.

Hope v1.0.4 will support WM6... :)
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2007 at 9:37 AM
This realy sounds not good!
I'll have a look to get a device with wm6 to debug the software and get a cause for this behavior.

Anybody who has such a device and wants to support SniffThat is welcome to debug SniffThat on his device :)

Michael
Jul 23, 2007 at 4:34 PM
I can confirm this as well.

I am using an HTC Tytn with a WM6 cooked ROM from xda-developers.com.

Cab Install
Installed fine but when I launch the program, the splash screen hangs on "Searching Plugins" so i thought I would try the Active Sync method.

Active Sync Install
Sniffthat Installed fine but the intsall of .Net 2.0 failed saying I had a newer version and I would need to delete it first. When I cancelled the .Net 2.0 install and launched the progam, I got the same error on the splashscreen.

Brad
Developer
Jul 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM
active sync does the same cab install!
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2007 at 9:23 AM
Ok, I have it!

I have a new mobile device running WM6 and exactly the same problem occured.

The issue is that the cab Setup Project detected the files "mscorlib.dll" and "Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.dll" as dependencies and included them.
On Windows Mobile 6 there might be a different version of the .NET CF and so I assume this has caused the system stop.
A new Setup will be released as soon as possible. To workaround this problem you can delete this two files by hand and SniffThat should run again.

Sorry for the >really< big delay, but I'm still at my final degree dissertation.

Greetings

Michael
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2007 at 9:30 AM
Update: The new Desktop Setup and Cab files are online now.

Michael
Aug 9, 2007 at 3:12 PM

mlamers wrote:
Update: The new Desktop Setup and Cab files are online now.

Michael

Great! I downloaded and installed on my Tytn and it did install without a problem. The first time I ran the program it had no issues at all...worked like a champ. The second and subsequent times, I recieve an error when it tries to load the "list" option on startup that says "Error creating Module "LameSoft.SniffThat.Plugins.ListVisualModule.ListVistual.Module": InvalidCastException" and then completes the load but "List" tab is not available. The "about" tab also says "Illegal or invalid Database file specified"

The first time I ran this it was fantastic...and still is but the "List" tab is the main view for me and it would love to get it back .

Thanks for the hard work and the updates.

Brad
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2007 at 7:44 AM
Hi Brad,
this error message comes up if the settings file gets currupted. There are devices out here where this happens almost always.
Try deleting the SniffThatSettings.xml in your My Documents Folder of the device, this should work around this. I've made some changes to the save funcionality and updated the setups. Hopefully this will fix this issue but I can't test this on my device because there the settings handling works very well.

Greetings

Michael
Aug 27, 2007 at 1:44 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2007 at 1:56 PM
It's really nice ti her you still working. :)

I upgraded my XDA trion (HTC tytn) with WM6, but I didn't install SniffThat yet, because of this Thread.

But i will test it soon. :)

btw: I think you should rename the new files (with modified setup) like 1.0.3.1 or something like that.
Nobody can see, there is a new version, working on WM6, if he doesn't look in this thread. ;)
Dec 11, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Dear Mlamers,

I've download your great tool to use it on my brand new HTC S710 smartphone.
This machine has WM6 onboard. When I try to use it, it crashed/stop on the splash screen.
The error log in your sniffthat program file dir says:

NotSupportedException
bij Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control._InitInstance()
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor()
bij System.Windows.Forms.StatusBar..ctor()
bij LameSoft.SniffThat.FormWLanSniffer.InitializeComponent()
bij LameSoft.SniffThat.FormWLanSniffer..ctor()
bij LameSoft.SniffThat.Program.Main()

I try to find the SniffThatSettings.xml or the "Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.dll" at windows explorer but i can't find it. maybe its hidden but how can I change that?

Are you familair with the problem that it don't work at WM6 ?
and Do you have an solution ?